Friday, July 08, 2005



It's been a good day...

I've had a full day today, not an usual day, but a full day none-the-less.

Up at 5:30 a.m. to prepare for my day...wondering if I should cut my hair off or get a perm to cut back the prep time, 40+ minutes to dry my hair every morning is a bit tiring, I could use that time to sleep!! Meow up on my lap while I read e-mail before work, he is so soft and cuddly.

Work: 8-4:30, I my new job is going very well. I've been at this firm for just over 3 months. A completely different field than I ever thought I would go into. Lots and lots to learn. I think I am doing ok.

After work I am on the road to see my momma. She was on the phone when I got to her room. My niece Traci (who lives in North Carolina) is so faithful to call her gma, Traci always makes her laugh and smile. They were yakking up a storm, I could tell it was Traci before I got to the door, Momma has a special tone when speaking with Traci.

Momma has been trying to tell me something for a couple of wks, I have no idea what it is she is telling me, but we keep trying to figure it out. Tonight she was willing to get out her alphabet board to spell out what she wanted....F I L R. OK, now....can anyone help me out here?? She was so excited to show me she was wearing a skirt!!!! Good grief! If I had only known that wearing a skirt would bring her so much joy. She was like a kid with a new toy. Momma just beamed!!!

Anyway, I had taken a couple of her unfinished quilting projects to see if she wanted me to finish one or the other for her to give my nephew Alan for a wedding gift. The first is a BEAUTIFUL table runner. She used Christmas prints and it is absolutely gorgeous. NO NO NO, she did not want to give that to Alan and Jeni. OK, well then I pull out the second, which was a set of 6 place mats. The tears started flowing. She touched and patted each one of them. Yes, this is what she wants me to finish for her to give as a gift. Tears dried up. Since they still needed a tad bit of machine work I brought them home again and will take them back up to the care center to work on while I am visiting her. She loves to watch while I work on one of her unfinished projects, and I love to work on her projects. It gives me great joy to touch what she touched, to complete something she started. I always let her pull the last stitch through, and then help her cut the thread. She started these projects, I want her to have the pleasure of finishing them.

Now I am home again. It has been a full day, it is Friday and I am expecting it to be a full weekend as well. We have things to do in the yard, things to do in the house, a going away picnic for a young family in our church, papers to complete and get ready to mail, bills to pay...you know...just the usual kinda stuff that makes up life.

0 Secrets:

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page