Wednesday, July 13, 2005



Virus Vs. Bug


We are sitting out on the deck, watching the fish, laughing at Meow as he is up to his usual antics. ... generally having a nice quiet evening...I came in the house to get my laptop so that I can upload the pics of Meow and our new Koi I had just taken when all of the sudden a little red bug (Ed thinks it was some kind of beatle) lands on my keyboard and precedes to scurry under the T key (I kid you NOT) so now I have a computer bug.

OK, what the heck am I gonna do about this...Ed runs to get the tweezers, hoping I can get it out...nope...didn't work, he is under the keys and he ain't comin' out.

OK, think think think...whadda gonna do...CALL Ryan (sung to the theme of Ghostbusters). He started laughing before I had a chance to tell him the whole story. Being the sensible one that he is he suggested I get a can of air and try blowing the bug out. OK, hand the phone to Ed, run in to My Creative Mind, tear through my traveling sewing tote, get the canned air, back out to the deck.

Ed and Ryan are yakking about something, pick up my laptop, hunt for the bug...can't find him. Of course Ed was not watching to see if the bug got out on it's own and he and Ryan on yakking about a totally different topic (hey guys! what is the most important thing right now???) I go ahead and give the keyboard a good air dusting...nothing comes out of the keyboard...give it another shot...nothing...and another...and another...NOTHING.

By this time I am convinced that the little bugger has left my computer and if I have not ruined my computer it by using half a can of spray on it it should run fine. My turn to talk to Ryan again, he is still laughing at my computer bug...oh well, I have been the object of his laughter on more than one occasion, poor kid, it is a wonder he is normal.

OK, try to get online. MSN comes up with an error message....giving me three choices...

Report Error...Cancel...DEBUG
I kid you not!!!

0 Secrets:

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page