Saturday, September 24, 2005



Where did the week go?

It's Saturday, where did this wk go?

I really have been blogging, just not posting what I have written. A tribute to my father-in-law, which I will post on what would have been his 95th birthday, October 10. It has been refreshing to my soul to write and edit about this wonderful man. My heart aches as I think how little time I had with this man in my life. It might have been a few short years, but I am full of memories of this great man, who loved his family dearly.

This week has been filled to over flowing with activities and such for us. Baking in preparation of the kids coming home, getting our yard ready for winter, only to have more nice sunny days when we could eat out on the deck. We don't want to put away the patio/lawn furniture away until after the kids have come and gone, although should we get a shower we will quickly grab up the cushions and get those out of the weather.

My brother, who is a kidney transplant patient, has been having some health concerns this week. Of course I did not hear this from him. I think he likes to protect me from too many details since his new kidney is really "our" kidney. One of the things a transplant donor has to go through before being a donor is hours, literally, of counseling prior to donating. During my counseling sessions I was warned that if my brother should happen to reject, both the donor's family and the recipents family (which is the same family in this case) would feel guilty and communication would break down to spare the donors feelings. So, sometimes I am the last to hear something. Thank you my dear sissy for letting me know he was not up to par. ANYWAY...I did call my brother, he knew I would hear through the grapevine. He is not feeling well but it does not appear that he is rejecting, which is good. Labs and etc are going on and will hopefully offer some answers as to why he is feeling like he is. As I was going into surgery I handed him a hormone patch, told him if he got moody he would need to wear it. Everyone got a big laugh out of that. Yesterday when I spoke to him, I told him maybe he would feel better if he used that patch. We both got a good laugh out of that, it was so very good to hear him laugh.

Crater Lake or Bust! Tomorrow morning, bright and early, Ed and I will be headed out for a few days of R&R. Ed has never been to Crater Lake, even though we have driven by the entrance many times on our travels to Central Oregon. Although we had hoped to stay at Crater Lake, we were not able to get more than one night due to how booked the lodge is, so we will be staying at Diamond Lake, which is just 5 miles away. We are so excited to be staying at Diamond Lake, which is where we spent part of our honeymoon, 28 years ago. We will get up early on Monday and drive over to Crater Lake, do some sight seeing and take the 33 mile drive around the rim. I sometimes take this type of adventure for granted simply because as a child, we did alot of traveling and camping. Ed, on the other hand, did very little. Watching my husband experience something new gives me a whole new appreciation for so many things. I am going to be checking the gift shop to see if I can find a "doghouse" like my parents had. My sister, my brother and I have all gotten a chuckle out of remembering that silly doghouse! Fun memories.

That's it for now, nothing profound is stirring in this mind.

0 Secrets:

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page