Thursday, August 11, 2005



Wrap Them in Love and AMOR

For approximately 6 years I have belonged to Wrap Them in Love (aka WTIL), quilters who make quilts for children around the world who are either in an orphanage or are otherwise in need. There are groups of WTIL quilters all over the USA, the group I started here, The BoBo's, in our little town has approximately 12 members. As a whole WTIL members have made thousands of quilts which have been delivered to thousands of beautiful children.

My
son works for AMOR, a mission organization whose primary ministry is building homes families in Tijuana. Most of the quilts that The BoBo's make go to AMOR and are distributed in Mexico.

Last year in May I was fortunate enough to spend 2 wks volunteering in the office at AMOR, what fun it was to work beside my son...it was 100% non-stop fun, living and working with young adults, what a blast!


One day we took 100 quilts to King's Kids Orphanage in Ensenada, Mexico. Oh boy, what an experience. We played with the children, put on a mini vacation Bible school, hugged alot, laughed alot and generally loved these kids as much as we could. I was the only one of the 9 of us that did not speak spanish (I do know taco, burrito, and enchilada...but my son says that doesn't count!) but there were no walls, these kids loved me anyway!

Here are some pictures of my trip...

Oh how I wish I could have brought these 2 darling girls home with me.


This little guy followed my son...he was so short and had to crane his neck back

to see my son who is 6'4''...it was fun watching my son with these children.

This little angel and her sister were as sweet as sweet could be.

This is Tito, one of the gals from AMOR, Lydia, has a puppet ministry.

Lydia is the one who arranged for us to go to King's Kids.

Thanks Lydia, I loved watching you share the love of Jesus with all these beautiful children.

0 Secrets:

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page