Tuesday, August 09, 2005



Behind the Smile

The office I work at is between the county court house/jail and the building that is used to store paper goods and etc for the court house. Once or twice a week we see a guard and 2-3 prisoners walking between the two buildings, usually to haul supplies back to the court house. The prisoners always behave themselves, they are usually laughing and chatting it up. They are ALWAYS smiling.

So I wonder...what has put that never ending smile on each of their faces? I can only imagine it is getting out of the locked doors that they live behind 24 hrs a day, 7 days a wk. I can only imagine it is breathing fresh air, seeing people, being free from bars and surveillance cameras. When people see me smile, do they wonder who freed me? Do the wonder what bars have been removed, and who removed them?

What are the locked doors keeping you from a perpetual smile? Freedom in Christ really is FREE.

0 Secrets:

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page