Friday, September 30, 2005



Hello, Audrey...I hate to tell you this but....

A couple of wks ago I had my hair cut and permed. My stubborn, course red hair. My thick, naturally wavy hair. My "hair from hell" hair. Audrey is used to cutting and perming my hair. She is the only one the ONLY ONE whom I trust to cut my problem hair. She is the only one who has cut my hair in years and years.

So, while I was home on medical leave I made an appointment and headed down to get a new do. Audrey knows the routine, I know the routine. I walk in and say..."Aud, I'm here, now work your magic...make this moth into a Butterfly" and we both laugh.

So, Aud cut and permed me. Of course the Butterfly was beautiful as she left the salon. Days later, after a couple of shampoos....the Butterfly had once again returned to its former life as a moth.

So...I get on the phone: "Hello, Aud, I hate to tell you this, but you gotta cut some of this mop off...it is just too thick and I don't wanna spend the time each morning drying it and etc." Bless Audrey's heart, she worked me in and wacked at it for 45 minutes today. I had been growing it out so that it could be cut and sent off to Locks of Love, like I did last year, but I just couldn't take it any longer. Audrey gave me lots of layers, which gives me lots of curl, which should be easy easy easy to make it look halfway decent in a much shorter amount of time each morning.

No pictures to post of todays new do, I'll post that later, but here is a pic of my hair BEFORE my Locks of Love donation hair cut. I gave my hair in memory of my friend, Marcia, who died of cancer one year earlier.

3 Secrets:

At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:07:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Shared the joy...

That's a loving tribute to your friend, wow it was long.

 
At Monday, October 10, 2005 7:10:00 AM, Blogger Susan L. Prince Shared the joy...

My young neice, I think she was 11 or so at the time, had long flowing beautiful cherry blonde hair. She went to the salon to get it cut, but was reconsidering that as she sat in the chair.

The stylist told my niece about "Locks of Love" and my neice sat up in her chair, confidently smiled and said "Take it off!".

I was so proud of Amber that day!

 
At Monday, October 10, 2005 8:00:00 PM, Blogger Pam Shared the joy...

Susan, seems like kids have the biggest hearts when it comes to giving. Thanks for sharing Ambers story.

 

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page