Saturday, October 15, 2005



Just a statistic

We've all read the stats about how much of our time we spend waiting in lines, waiting for a phone call, and etc. well, so far today I am a statistic.
  • Got up at 4 a.m., my back was killing me so I took a dose of pain meds and waited for them to kick in.
  • Turned on the laptop...waited for it to process and fire up.
  • Connect to the internet...waited for my mailbox to open.
  • Still waiting for the pain meds to kick in.
  • Turn on the coffee pot...waiting for it to beep beep beep, signaling me that I can pour myself a cuppa.
  • I'm hungry, but can't eat anything until I eat this special stuff that has to be taken with yet another med...waiting for Ed to get up so I can be in the kitchen without waking him up.
  • It is dark out side, I am waiting for the sun to rise...I bet it will be beautiful after yesterdays storm.
  • I could jump in the shower, but will wait until Ed gets up.
  • Still waiting for the pain meds to kick in.
  • My phone is sitting right here, I'm waiting for it to ring and since it is Saturday it should be ringing very shortly...my sister and I yak almost every Saturday morning. Maybe she is waiting for her phone to ring??? Is it my turn to call her? I'll wait a bit longer to see if she is waiting for me.
  • I haven't let the cat in yet, I am waiting for him to "knock" on the door to let me know he is ready for breakfast.

And so, here I am a statistic...waiting for my day to begin although I have been up for over 2 hrs. While waiting I have managed to:

  • make a final decision about something that has been heavy on my heart
  • sort through a pile of books that needed to be tossed, read, or given away
  • caught up on my blog reading
  • paid a few bills
  • read my email box
  • sorted and filed a bunch of notes and letters, some of which had been there since February!
  • done some research for a purchase I need to make
  • made a to-do list for the wknd

OK, so I guess waiting can be a good thing.

Have a good day and don't sit around waiting, do something!

0 Secrets:

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page