Wednesday, November 02, 2005



I'm Out of Reach of Retirement, Out of Touch With Reality

Retirement, many people I know are talking about their retirement. Some of my pals are enjoying late mornings and spur of the moment trips. Some are just headed into retirement, still trying to figure out what to do with all those long hours each new day offers them. Others are anticipating taking that long awaited step in the next couple of years. Ed retired 5 years ago...14 years before the government was willing to part with a monthly check addressed to said hubby. My brother-in-law is thinking about retiring within a year or so, and my sister will punch her timecard for the last time shortly afterwards...neither of them are even close in age to getting a SS ck but that isn't going to slow them down, they have things they want to do and being employed is just getting in their way.

So...with all this talk from and about those who have all kinds of time on their hands or who are making plans on how to fill all that time they have suddenly come into...I decided to do a bit of research of my own just to see when I could join in on all of the fun. Guess what? I shouldn't even have opened that box! I am really out of touch with reality. Retirement is far enough away that I can't even get a countdown banner to calculate that far into the future. This could be a prime subject for "Lost in Space" or maybe that should be a "Back to the Future" episode.
Fourteen years, two months, three weeks and two days
which is equal to
5198 days
Gee....it is a good thing I really like my job...
and my boss...and my paycheck!

0 Secrets:

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page