Tuesday, April 18, 2006



We Did It!

Yes, we did gut our kitchen...infact we have been working on this since early February. Keeping this a secret has been so hard! After 22 years and raising our family in a teeny tiny kitchen we now have a kitchen that is twice the size. We took out walls, expanding in 2 different directions.

In February we gutted the kitchen:



In March new cabinets arrived, but they were the WRONG cabinets, not the ones we ordered.

In April the RIGHT cabinets arrived, so the WRONG ones were removed and the RIGHT ones installed. On Friday, April 14th they finished the electrical and plumbing....YEEHAW!!! So we worked hard getting the kitchen boxes out of the livingroom, bedroom, guest room and various other places around the house.
Blessings:
there was no needed structural repairs (no dryrot, not bug damage)

we don't eat an evening meal so quick meals were easy for almost 9 wks

the company we worked with took full responsibility for the wrong cabinets

we didn't loose our minds, we still have what little we started with

2 Secrets:

At Friday, April 21, 2006 2:48:00 PM, Blogger Dallas Shared the joy...

B-Eu-TI - FULLLLLLL. Great job. Looks so nice and welcoming.

 
At Saturday, April 22, 2006 1:45:00 AM, Blogger Gia Shared the joy...

Hello Pam! I am up in the wee hours of the morning and I can't sleep. I have been reading your blog since you started and I am only to Sept '05 so far and I have to get to bed!

I have to tell you how nice it is to read all of your posts and see pictures of all of the wonderful people in your family that I have heard soooo much about from Mandy, but did not have faces to go with the names. I especially enjoy the pictures and stories and memories about your dad and I enjoy reading about your mom. I feel so much closer to you now after reading your blog!

Mandy shared hers with me and encouraged me to start one, and now I am addicted! I think about this darn thing a LOT during the time I am not near the computer!

Well off to bed I go... I have to drive to Kansas City, MO tomorrow with my kids for my cousin's wedding (Sat)and my dad's 60th bday (Sunday).

Thank you for blessing my life so much by introducing me to Moodle :)

Love ya, Gia

 

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page