Monday, April 24, 2006



Weekend of Blessings

Three darling children (no bias here!!) greeted me when I walked in the door on Friday evening. All three of them chanting "36 MORE DAYS!, 36 MORE DAYS!". Yep, just over a month until we board a plane and head to Mickey's house.

Friday night was grandkid/grandparents night, giving their parents a parent night!!! Not sure how much fun their parents had but I do know the rest of us had a blast. While Rex helped Gpa put oil in my jeep, Tristan and Kaitlyn helped fix dinner. Gpa had the potatoes in the oven before I left the office, so it was an easy finish to prepare a potato bar complete with their favorite toppings.
Kaitlyn wrote out menu's, and made place cards for everyone then decided we needed candles as well. Tristan decided the motto for our meal should be "the best food for the best people" I whole heartily agree! (BLogger will not let me load a picture of our dinner table, grrrr)

After dinner we played Skipbo, Tristan was crowned the new "Skipbo King" title, but gpa will not let that stand for long!

Saturday Angela and I started putting the rock face on their house....We are women, hear us roar!!! What a job! Oh my goodness, that is a job and a half. There is nothing, NOTHING these two kids will not attempt! Albert needed to get the garage door down and seal off that hole so he did that while Angela and I worked on the rock. Oh my aching body...bending, lifting, thinking...after 10 hrs I was so glad when it was too dark to work outside, I was asleep before my head hit the pillow ~ a good days work. They have a lot more rock to put up but we got a good start, I will only be able to help after work on Monday and Wednesday this wk.

This morning we awoke to another beautiful blue sky day, the 3rd in a row! Worship was wonderful, the sermon gave Ed and I a jump start on a great afternoon conversation. Dinner with momma, it is always a good day when she is emotionally up and alert. BLESSING! A quick trip to Wally World and back home by 3 p.m.
This is a picture of how we spent the rest of our Sunday. Saturday Ed got the deck washed and the patio furniture out of storage and back in place (I'll get the cushions out next wknd)...so after getting home from church and having dinner with momma we walked in the front door and straight through the house to the back door. We each grabbed the books we have been reading and I set up the foot spa. After giving myself a mini pedicure (complete with a wonderful seasalt scrub) I fixed Ed a non-fru-fru spa, poured him a glass of wine and there he sat until the sun went down. Happy feet, sunshine on our skin and the gentle sound of the water running in the Koi pond....ah...wonderful!

0 Secrets:

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page