Tuesday, July 18, 2006



In Other Words


"When life whacks you so hard your head flies off,

sew it back on and keep going."

~ Mary Pierce ~

This quote reminds me to shout out loud my life verse...

Philippians 4:4

Rejoice in the Lord always! Again I say Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near

I've been dealt some hard whacks that could very easily knocked my head off. During the early years of my married life my mother helped me get over a hard whack...a very ill child.

When our youngest son was born, days turned into weeks as we waited for his medical team to tell us he would be ok, that his health would improve, that he would be come a happy little redheaded boy who ran and jumped with his older brother and then turn into a young man who would ask for the car keys, would grow into a handsome young man. We spent many nights praying over this little bitty baby with tubes strung all over his body keeping him alive. We cried buckets over this little man. We had already lost one baby and the pain was still too fresh.

My mother has always been my strength and she was during the darkest of nights, sharing with me the heartache she experienced with her own 2nd born son who has been ill his entire life as well. During the worst of the worst times with Ryan momma would tell me, "You have 2 choices in life, you can either go through life laughing or crying...the choice is yours." So...applying God's Word and my momma's advice I choose to find the good in things even when the going gets tough.

I was totally offended by a friend of mine who once told me that I do a wonderful job of "faking it until I make it." I don't fake my joy in the Lord, I don't fake my cheerfulness, even when life gets rough...even when the going gets tough, my joy is real because it comes from my Lord.

Take your pick: an ill child, a broken friendship, distant relationships, ailing parents, death...life is full of whacks up along side all of our heads - no one promised us that we would be "whack free"...but we gotta get out that needle and thread and stitch as fast as we can to sew ourselves up and keep going.

My needle and thread of choice:

My Heavenly Father, His Son, His Spirit and His Word.

BTW: our son is now 24, and yes....he did grow into a handsome young man...

1 Secrets:

At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 6:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Shared the joy...

I'm a first time visitor....what a lovely place you have here. How blessed you are to have a Mom that sets such an excellent example. It is late but I will be back again to look around.

 

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page