Tuesday, May 16, 2006



Truly Random Thoughts

My brain is full...bursting at the seams with several issues bouncing here and there and there and here. While at work I think of something I need to write about, then I get home and there are 10 things that have to be done ASAP and 20 things that have to be done by bed time and 30 things that don't get done no matter what. Three days a wk I am with my mom, which means a one hr drive on top of time with momma...not complaining just trying to tell myself that there really is not enough time to do all that needs to be done so I might as well realize it, accept it, and move on.

Saturday was a girls day out. We left home at 8:00 a.m., arrived back in town just as the clock struck midnight. LONG LONG day. Angela, Katie and I went to Eugene armed with shopping lists! This that and something else to pick up in the valley, things we could NEVER find here on the coast. A friend from Portland meet us for lunch to hand over 29 quilts that will be going with us to Mexico. We shopped until we dropped and then shopped some more. The one thing I learned while on this trip...I am NOT ready to be on my feet day after day while on vacation. UGH UGH UGH...my feet really hurt and I was thrilled to get in the van and give my feet a 2.5 hr rest on the way home. This girls day out was way long over due, gotta remember to get another one in soon after vacation, or maybe have part of a girls day while we are on vacation, the guys will undoubtly want to do some wild and crazy ride and maybe we can run off and find Snow White or Cinderella while the guys are busy elsewhere.

Sunday was beautiful and warm. Ed did an awesome job BBQing chicken. The kids are excited about vacation so they yabbered nonstop. My dear pal Diana joined us, it has been so long since she has been over. When we went to bed I told Ed that there was not one second of the weekend that I would have changed, a wonderful Mother's Day wknd.

I saw my mom on Sunday evening...she was in a fairly good mood, which I did not expect since she had spent the day alone. She knew we would not be visiting her until the evening so we could watch the final Survivor show but I was a bit leary about our reception none the less. I saw here again today, again she was in a fairly good mood...2 visits in a row...wow...how nice! Today I messaged her hands and up to just above her elbows. She always oohs and aahs, especially when I message the palms of her hands. Afterwards she got a fresh coat of purple nail polish.

BLESSINGS
good things going on in our sons life
beautifully colored Koi who are no longer staying at the bottom of the pond
homemade strawberry lemonade deemed "better than Red Robin's"
vacation anticipation

2 Secrets:

At Wednesday, May 17, 2006 7:42:00 PM, Blogger ~Mandy~ Shared the joy...

Hooray for girl's day! Remember when we (Gma, mom, and me) would meet you in Eugene? We would shop, and return to the hotel room to craft? That was sooo much fun! Remember when I came from NC and we went to Lincoln City (I think) and we were the first ones to stay in the new room? And you tried to teach me to crochet to make button socks- but I have a retarded hand ;) ROFL...YAM

 
At Wednesday, May 17, 2006 8:02:00 PM, Blogger Pam Shared the joy...

I remember that although I might have a tender head....I also have a tender heart, which is what it takes to teach you anything ROFL...YAM...and we gotta keep your mom in seam rippers!! Love you Miss you

 

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page