Friday, August 19, 2005



Friday Thoughts

Today I spent some of my down time at the office reading up on Rebekah and my heart continues to be blessed by this families faith, and broken for the pain this family feels on a daily basis. I know the pain this family is feeling, we have experienced the pain of a baby/child affected by disease. It is hard to watch and hear about it, much harder to live it day in and day out, month after month. I applaud this family for the way they are allowing others to share the experience rather than trying to do it all themselves. Bearing one another's burdens. Bless this little family for the love they share and the faith they are showing. May God richly bless you!

If you think about me on Sunday and Monday, please say a little prayer. I am headed into my 3rd surgery since donating a kidney to my brother in 2001. Donors rarely have complications, but I am a rare person, so of course I would have complications! While they do more repair surgery they will also be removing my gallbladder. I am expected to be in the hospital for 3 days so will not be posting until Wednesday at the earliest. Surgery is scheduled for early Monday morning. Although I have "gone under the knife" on several occasions, this one is a bit more complicated and I am beginning to feel a bit of apprehension. So, if you think about me...Thanks!

On a cheerier note, my brother accepted "our" kidney very well and after years of dialysis has felt like the past almost 4 years have been like freedom to him!!!

It's Friday, and I am tired! I have a really wild weekend ahead of me, my list is daunting. So much to do, so little time. Since I will not be able to lift anything over 5 lbs for about 6 wks I have a list of things for hubby and I to get done so that he does not have to do them alone. Hubby is retired so it will be nice to have him home to care for me for the next few wks.

OK, off to begin tackling that list...

0 Secrets:

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page