Wednesday, August 17, 2005



Confessions of a Fortune Cookie Junkie

Hi, My name is Pam and I am a Fortune Cookie Junkie

OK, so it's not really the cookie that I am interested in...it's the fortune. I admit, from a very young age, when the waitress brings the bill with the cookies laying on top...I want first pick, leaving the rest of the cookies (and the bill;-)) for someone else. Recently while switching purses/wallets around I found a few fortune cookie fortunes in my purse. Don't ask why I save these, I don't believe in fate, I don't believe I will find direction for my life in a cookie..I believe in God and his path for my life was set long before anyone could figure out how to get a message relating to my life on a tiny slip of paper inside a folded up cookie just for me. None-the-less, we open our cookies, read them outloud for all to hear, and then laugh about how that "fit us" to a "T", realizing that it could have fit anyone in the restaurant at any given time. Then we go about our day, knowing that the only fortune we want is the one we already have been given..and we did not even have to purchase a meal to receive!


Here are a few that were in my purse:
You will be selected for a promotion because of your accomplishments.
Your smile brings happiness to others.
Others look up to you.
We can learn from everyone, even our adversaries.
Your heart is pure, and your mind is clear.
Don't give up. The best is yet to come.
These are the tid bits of insight that intrigue me:
A generous man will prosper;
he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.
Proverbs 11:25
My son, keep my words and store up my commands within you.
Proverbs 7:1
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything,
by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
Philippians 4:5
Do everything without complaining or arguing,
so that you may become blameless and pure.
Philippians 2:14

0 Secrets:

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page