Monday, October 17, 2005



Happy Birthday to My Bud Diana

Diana, My Dear Friend, My Pal, My Bud!
Diana and I, May 2004
Yes, October is a busy Birthday month for us, our sons, my nephew, friends and other family members. Today Diana is celebrating her Birthday.
Diana and I have been friends for years, in fact for so long I can't recall just when we became friends...I know it was long ago, in the mid to late 70's.
Diana is my partner in crime, well ok, maybe not crime, but we know enough secrets about each other that if any of it crossed our lips there would have to be a crime committed to cover it all up! She encourages me to be the best I can be, to loose the "It's all about me" attitude I wallow in from time to time.
I love my pal Diana. She is totally in love with Jesus, her head is on straight, she cares deeply for people, has the wisdom of one of God's scholars. She is a mentor and role model for me.
We have been through thick and thin together. Good times and bad, happy and sad. She has stood beside me through some of the most difficult seasons of my life. God has allowed me to do the same for her. God has put us in situations where Diana was 100% totally dependent on me to save her life, literally her life was in my hands. He has also put her in my life when I had to be scrapped off the ceiling, she has held my hand when I had lost all hope.
Diana and I share a burden for orphans and so over 6 years ago she and started sewing for WTIL and between the two of us we have made dozens and dozens of quilts (OK, I confess...Diana has made more than I).
Today I praise our Father for blessing me with a friend like Diana, I wish everyone had a pal like her, it would make life so much more fulfilling for everyone!

1 Secrets:

At Sunday, October 23, 2005 6:24:00 AM, Blogger Unknown Shared the joy...

Happy Birthday to Diana!
Finding a friend like that is a rare treasure indeed. :)

 

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page