Sunday, January 29, 2006



Happy Birthday to Momma

Yesterday was my momma's 79th Birthday

Avis Arlene Hamilton

My sister and her husband, and my brother and his wife came and we celebrated! Laughter is always a part of family gatherings, and this gathering was no different. My brother-in-law had given momma a hilarious card...momma just laughed and laughed. Oh laughter is so good!

This day was especially special for us because it was the first time anyone had seen my brother since his health took a turn. I thought he looked so good, tired, but good. It was wonderful to see him laugh, to see him eat and to touch him!

Myself, my brother Gary and my sister Nancy

That was yesterday..a special day in every respect. Today, well...today is my special day...today is my birthday and I spent the day doing what I wanted to do. What did I want to do? Well...the no-brainer was that I stayed in my jammies and sewed all day long - - YES!!! all day long. I took a few phone calls (my youngest son who asked me if I was 49, bless his peapickin' little heart!!), but other than that I was in My Creative Mind (aka my sewing room) and sewed my little heart out. I managed to get a quilt top done for momma's bed and I managed to make a mess as well, after all I had to have something to show for my hard work!

Now...after all this celebrating I better rest up...Ed's birthday is on Tuesday, Madelyn will turn 4 on Thursday and Jason will be 3 on Friday...whew!!! but don't think it is over yet 'cause Naomi's special day is just around the corner as well.

2 Secrets:

At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 3:09:00 PM, Blogger Pilot Mom Shared the joy...

Well, Happy Birthday to both of you ladies! :) I'm glad you were able to enjoy both days! :D

 
At Wednesday, February 01, 2006 6:40:00 AM, Blogger Pam Shared the joy...

Thanks Claire, seems you and I are both January Birthday girls!

 

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page