Saturday, January 28, 2006



Now that my boys are grown and have moved away...

...I re-wrote this poem...

Cleaning and scrubbing
can wait for tomorrow,
for quilting and cleaning
goes on with no sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs
and dust go to sleep,
I'm piecing and binding
for quilting won't keep
Pam Gwillim 1-27-06
My mother started this quilt following a trip she and I took to North Carolina and surrounding states several years ago. We stopped at every quilt shop we could find along the way and purchased fabric. We bought so much we ended up shipping alot of it home!
After we got home we picked a pattern and each of us started making quilts alike, using the fabrics we purchased on the trip. Neither one of us finished our quilt!!!
Well, I dug this one out of her UFO's and finished it up (in a lapsize rather than the bedsize she had planned) for her and will give it to her for her birthday.

2 Secrets:

At Saturday, January 28, 2006 9:29:00 AM, Blogger Dallas Shared the joy...

Your quilts are so beautiful. How much do you charge to make one, if I might ask? I love to order one if I can afford it. Will have to see how my finances go. Let me know o.k.

 
At Monday, January 30, 2006 6:38:00 AM, Blogger Pam Shared the joy...

Tink, Thank you for you kind compliments, I love quilting it reminds me of those dear ladies who lived generations before me, who spent hours by lamplight stitching tiny stitches, using every teeny tiny scrap of fabric to create the most beautiful bedcoverings. Right now I have several promised quilts lined up, which is hard for me since I tend to shut down with too much on my plate, as soon as my pile shrinks a bit I will let you know.

 

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page