Wednesday, July 27, 2005



Count Your Many Blessings, Name Them One By One

Yesterday was a rough day. The littlest things got under my skin and then it was one thing after another to the point where NOTHING was pleasant, where everyone and everything was trying my patience. So, when "the last straw" hit I knew I had to do something to change my mood...I began by counting my blessings...and naming them one by one. (in no particular order)


Test results indicate NO cancer in my stomach
Five beautiful and HEALTHY grandchildren
The promise of eternity in Heaven
Reliable transportation
My children who love and serve Jesus
Laughter
Blue sky and warm air on my skin
Living in a free country
My husband of 28+ yrs whom I adore and who treats me like a queen
Many strong friendships
Time alone
My talents and abilities
My mother, whose body is broken, but mind is clear and healthy
My son's girlfriend was not injured Saturday when she was involved in a horrible auto accident
The list can go on and on and on

As these things are going through my mind I find that things like: someone inconsiderately leaving a cart in the middle of the aisle at WallyWorld is not as big an issue as I made it...the cashier who talked with her co-worker (about smoking) the whole time she was processing my order may have been rude but it wasn't worth getting upset about...the fact that I can't get a hair appt before this weekend isn't going to change who I am, just how I look.

So, what "things" are bugging you, getting your goat, pulling you done, clouding your vision? Are they worth allowing them to steal your joy, raising your blood pressure, and generally ruining your day?

Take time today to count your blessings!

3 Secrets:

At Wednesday, July 27, 2005 7:40:00 AM, Blogger Dallas Shared the joy...

Great post Pam and thank for sharing your blessings with us. Add the fact that you are a blessing to others and your list will be complete.
Thank you for your email.
You are on my "Count my blessings" list.

 
At Wednesday, July 27, 2005 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Pam Shared the joy...

Thanks Tink. Isn't if wonderful how God knits us together, friendship by frienship..I am just amazed at how he does that!!! That is a blessing I did not list...as well as so very many other blessings, I guess I will have to do a blessing post from time to time, just to remind myself how great He is.

 
At Thursday, July 28, 2005 5:44:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Shared the joy...

That post was such a blessing. Wow. I was so grumpy yesterday I decided it's time to cut out diet Pepsi. I don't want chemicals to steal my joy.

 

Post a Comment


Blessings! from Pam...

Back to the main page